The Restriction Exemption Program allows “in-scope businesses, entities and organizers to operate without most public health restrictions”. (Government of Alberta, 2021)
Public Health restrictions for indoor gatherings (Government of Alberta, 2021).
Current as of December 17, 2021
Library membership is free for all residents of the Town of Banff and Improvement District No. 9 (ID9) - the area outside of the Town of Banff but within Banff National Park, including Lake Louise, Saskatchewan River Crossing, etc.
Picture ID and proof of residency are required to obtain a library card. Proof of residency may include a:
Alberta residents with a membership from another municipal library, may sign up for limited borrowing privileges at Banff Public Library through ME Libraries.
Non-residents may obtain a membership for a non-refundable annual fee of $70.00.
Items can be renewed up to two times if they have not been requested and put on hold by another patron. Renewals can be conducted in person, by phone, or online by logging in to your account through TRACpac.
Banff Public Library does not charge late fees but encourages patrons to return their items by the due dates so that they are available for others to borrow. Late fees by donation are welcome.
All of our digital media can be accessed through our eResources page. You will need your library card barcode number and password to log in to many of these sites.
Search for books, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, and more using the TRACpac catalogue. Enter your search terms into the search bar to view all of the items available at the various libraries in TRAC. To narrow your results to the Banff Public Library, select “More Search Options” and limit your library to Banff.
1. Log in to one of our public computers.
2. Print your document in your preferred format. The Papercut login window below will appear:
3. Click on the “Register as a New User” link. Do not close the login window when the registration window appears.
5. Fill in the registration form to create a Papercut user name and password and then click “Register." A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you have entered on the form with your login information. Keep this email for future use.
6. Return to the login window, enter your new Papercut username and password, and click “OK.”
7. A small text box will appear on the bottom righthand side of the screen indicating that your print job has been sent to the printer, which is located in the main lobby of the library.
8. Log in to the computer next to the printer using the new Papercut user name and password that you have just created. Your print jobs and the total cost for each one will appear on the screen.
9. Place the appropriate amount of change into the change machine next to the computer and then click on the print jobs you wish to print. Visit the circulation desk if you wish to put money on your Papercut print account using cash or credit card. You must add a minimum amount of $5.00, if using a credit card. We do not accept Debi Libraries are classified as an essential service and cannot participate in the Restriction Exemption Program (REP)1